I was nominated by Alexandra @ you and me and a cup of coffee for the food award. I’m happy to be nominated for something while in quarantine. Alexandra’s blog is one after my own heart (it is about fashion+ baking + fitness). Thank you Alexandra for the nomination!
Below are the questions I was asked and my answers:
1. What is the fanciest, most exquisite dessert you’ve ever tried? I had a manager from Sicily who gave me authentic Sicilian Cannoli’s. They were unforgettable.
2. If you could swap your current diet for a specific country/region cuisine for one week, which would you pick? aah just for one week? I’m a huge fan of west indian cuisine. I’d like to eat ackee, fresh fish, yams, hard dough bread, breadfruit, bulla cake, etc. (If you have been to Jamaica, then you know exactly what I am talking about).
3. Breakfast of your choice: espresso and croissant with jam or pancakes with bacon and maple syrup? Pancakes with bacon. lol, is there another choice? ಠ_ಠ
4. If you’re hosting a family and/or friends gathering, what dish is an absolute ‘must’ on your dinner table? Would you prepare it yourself or let your guests help? Nigerian fish pies as a side. If you do not think this an absolute ‘must’, then you have not tried the pies I eat. I would not prepare it myself because I have a person that prepares them for me, and her recipe is sooooo good, it can persuade a depressed person to continue living.
5. What’s the first dish that you learned to cook from scratch? That would be Jollof rice, (Nigerian style and not Ghanaian style because everyone knows Nigerian Jollof rice is the best 🙂
1. Thank the person that nominated you
2. Pingback to the creator Elisha at https://africaboy.home.blog
3. Use the same featured image as your nominator
4. Answer the five questions
5. Create five questions about food
6. Nominate 5 people
THE NOMINEES ( I have included links to their cool blogs so you check them out 🙂
1. Settle this debate: Soft cookies or hard cookies?
2. If you could eat only ONE dessert for the rest of your life, what would it be?
3. Why are oatmeal raisin cookies disrespected so often?
4. You are cooking a full course meal for your crush. What will you cook?
5. What is the worst tasting thing you have ever made?
I’m incredibly curious to read your answers!
It was fun participating in this food award. Have a fantastic weekend!